Working for Decathlon
Here at Decathlon, we believe in the benefits of sports. Every member of our team is driven to create innovative, quality, affordable sports equipment and products so as many people as possible, all around the world, can play more. We’ve changed the game by creating real value at true cost. And now, see how we’re rolling out state by state the Decathlon sports gear and products loved around the world.
We place innovation at the heart of our activities: from research to retail, including design, production and logistics. Our Passion Brand teams channel all their energy into developing technical, good-looking and simple products, always at the lowest possible prices for all sports enthusiasts, from beginners to experts, and are sold exclusively at Decathlon.
Today DECATHLON is now looking for the passionate sports lovers of Australia to join our startup team. You will help boost our economic activity via our retail warehouses and e-commerce.
Who is a Sport Player?
As a Sport Player, your role is to ensure all customers leave our stores ‘Delighted’. From a friendly and professional welcome through to a quick and easy payment process, your role is to always deliver a 5 star shopping experience. You will be part of a shop floor team, motivate each other through our common spirit, practicing sport and celebrating victories together. With your colleagues you will ensure that your in-store business is commercial and efficient day to day.
Reporting to your department manager, your Key Responsibilities will be :
Customer Service - Through your own passion for sport you share your tips and experience with users. Your customers will always be your number one priority, you will have the means to listen to their feedback in order to make improvements for your department.
Merchandising - Whether full time or part time, every Sport Player is encouraged to take responsibility to autonomously :
manage stock levels and organise layout /display of products on shelves,
- keep layout stocked and in order at all times, check inventory and assist with store Deliveries,
- Manage point-of-sale processes/ tills & cash handling.
The aim is to provide a high level of merchandising so that each customer can easily find the right product for their sporting practice.
What you need to Succeed:
- Be self-motivated and willing to combine your passion for sport with work.
- Be a problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Be open minded with a natural sense of service to help others.
- Be a team player who thrives in fast paced and changing environments.
- Be able to play as part of the team during the busiest times (weekends and public holidays).
What is on Offer:
- A fun and dynamic atmosphere with multiple learning opportunities.
- A healthy & flexible work-life balance.
- A culture that rewards performance with responsibility and growth.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.